Wednesday 23 May 2007

Meme

I just noticed that I got tagged by Steph while I wasn't looking ;-)

Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.

A lot of bloggers have been tagged by this meme already, so instead of pinpointing someone, I'll let you decide for yourself: If you'd like to participate, consider yourself tagged!

7 random facts about me:

1. Colours means a lot to me, and I feel them almost physically. Greens and aqua/teals are my favorites - reds make me feel bad and yellows almost makes me feel sick. I know, I'm weird.

2. I always hated history lessons in school. In my adult life I have nevertheless spent many hours enjoying reading heavy books on social issues in Europe in the middle ages; and especially on womens role in society. In many ways the middle ages were less dominated by male authority than is the case of european culture of today.

3. I am a knowledge-junkie. Right now I am heading for my second masters degree.

4. I am terribly afraid of heights. But I love flying on an airplane.

5. I am probably a rather cynical person. Even my close friends and family says so. Still I love a romantic Jane Austen novel. Though Elizabeth Gaskell also gets a chance.

6. I learned to read english by myself when I was around 11. The simple reason was that I adored reading Peter O'Donnell's Modesty Blaise novels, and only a few of them were translated into danish at that time. I tell myself that my tastes in litterature have been somewhat refined since then ;-)

7. I bore easily. I have bored myself now.

2 comments:

alltangledup said...

thanks for sharing that! You like 'cool' colours as opposed to the 'hot' ones (red, orange, yellow)...does that make you also a logical thinker? I read somewhere ages ago that logical thinkers tend to be drawn to cool colours.

Anonymous said...

Colour is fascinating and certainly what attracts me to a yarn and design. One of the reasons I enjoy knitters' blogs so much is being able to see designs I initially did not give a second glance to knitted in a colour I love - serendipity.
All good things from a knitter in New Zealand.